Beautiful Creatures book by Kami Gracia and Margaret Stohl review

    Finally I finished this book, I didn't have time to read it, so that is why it took me 2 month to read it. I will talk about general things, because I don't want to spoil someones reading joy. I decided to write this review, because just one or two weeks ago movie came out. I haven't seen the movie, but I will watch it, when it will come out on DVD.
Book description : Is falling in love the beginning . . . Or the end?
In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets.
There is a girl.
Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head. Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.
There is a curse.
On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.
In the end, there is a grave.
Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided.
Ethan never even saw it coming.


Overall the story itself is very interesting. Beginning of the book is quite long and not intriguing at all. I had to make myself read it. But when he finds out her secret, then interesting part starts and I couldn't put the book down. This book is in young adult section. It really did remind me of Twilight Saga. Sorry to say, but I didn't like twilight movies or books. The only reason why I didn't like it because of this books love story itself. I thought that Edward and Bella love is very very sweet and fake. But this books love story was better written and described. The only thing which I wasn't keen that the main character are just 16 years old. I am 22 years old and I had my first love when I was just 18. So I think this book makes to believe that 16 year young kids will have their big love around this age. There are four books (#2 Beautiful Darkness, #3 Beautiful Chaos, #4 Beautiful Redemption), but I don't know if I will continue reading them. Probably yes, because I want to know what happens next and it was quite easy to read. I hope you enjoyed this post.


0 comments:

Post a Comment